Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year at WBMS!
I am beginning my 14th year of teaching and my third year at WBMS. I am looking forward to my new position in the ED Unit!
Personal Code of Ethics
I believe that collaboration amongst colleagues has a positive impact on teacher effectiveness and ultimately leads to student achievement.
- I will view my colleagues as valuable sources of information and use their knowledge to inform my instructional practices and classroom management strategies.
- I will share information with my colleagues that I have learned, implemented and proven effective in order to promote student achievement.
- I will share the work load with colleagues and fulfill my responsibilities with high-quality instructional and assessment plans.
I believe that teachers are leaders.
- I will lead by example and model positive attitudes and behaviors in the effort to exude my passion and dedication to students and the teaching profession.
- I will model professional behaviors to my students and colleagues in order to demonstrate my love of teaching.
I believe in continuing education and value the educational process.
- I will actively seek professional development opportunities with the sole intention to improve my quality of instruction to promote student achievement.
- I will encourage my colleagues to participate in professional development opportunities by sharing resources and providing information about upcoming workshops, seminars, and university courses.
I believe an effective teacher places the student first.
- I will create a classroom environment which is student-centered and caters not to my own wants and needs but is sensitive to the wants and needs of my students.
- I will make decisions based on the best interest of my students in order to promote a safe educational environment where learning takes place.
I believe in self-reflection to help determine my professional strengths and weaknesses.
- I will take the time to analyze my own practices and where necessary, make adjustments to improve my teaching practices.
- I will analyze student formative and summative assessment data to assess what instructional methods, modifications and interventions are effective and make adjustments as needed.
- I will humble myself in order to recognize and admit my mistakes and seek positive resolution.
I believe all students can learn given the appropriate learning environment.
- I will implement differentiation strategies that provide my students with the most effective learning environment possible.
- I will challenge my students to achieve more than what they thought was possible through high expectations.
I believe in creating an emotionally and physically safe learning environment.
- Through Positive Behavior Supports, modeling and a structured classroom environment with routines, I will teach the expected behaviors of a successful student.
- I will teach my students the social skills necessary to be a positive influence in society.
- I will not tolerate bullying or physical violence and will teach students how to effectively solve problems by using their words.
I believe in active participation in collaborative meetings to promote school improvement.
- I will communicate my knowledge and expertise in a respectful manner to promote problem-solving efforts.
- I will provide suggestions for improvement when communicating an area of weakness.