West Branch Middle School Counseling Page
As a School Counselors, I believe...
- All students have dignity and worth
- All students can achieve and be successful
- Each student is an individual and should be treated as such
- Each student has the right to equitable treatment and access to opportunities and support
The WBMS School Counseling Program includes...
- Individual and small group counseling for personal/social-emotional, career and academic concerns
- Classroom guidance
- Large group activities
- Crisis counseling
- Parent Assistance & Education Workshops and more...
The mission of the WBMS School Counseling Department is to assist the West Branch Local School District in its continuous improvement efforts to provide a safe, nurturing, and inclusive environment in which ALL students are encouraged and empowered to embrace their full potential and to achieve their personal and academic aspirations. The School Counselors will advocate, collaborate, and facilitate individual and system change to ensure that EVERY student has the opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills necessary for academic success and personal growth.
The goals of the WBMS School Counseling Department are...
- To help all students develop the abilities necessary to make carefully considered decisions in personal, social, career and educational matters
- To help students, parents, teachers, and administrators deal with problems within the classroom and the wider school environment
- To support parents in developing the understanding and skills necessary to help their children with personal/social, educational, and career decisions
- To assist faculty and administrators in using a proactive, wellness-oriented approach that will promote a safe educational environment for all students