- Bring all materials to class.
- Binder, Pencils, Eraser(s), Paper, Textbook, Calculator
- Be in your seat ready to work when class begins.
- Pencils sharpened
- Warm-up begun
- Homework out to be checked
- Respect and be polite to all people.
- Respect others property.
Keep room neat and clean
- Get permission and return borrowed property
- Use equipment carefully (computers & calculators)
- Raise your hand and wait to be acknowledged before asking or answering questions in class.
- Use work time effectively.
- Cell phones are to be kept in your locker.
- Begin working on the warm-up immediately when you come into class.
- All math classwork and homework is expected to be done in pencil. Everyone makes mistakes and we need to be able to erase in order to correct the mistakes.
- Students are expected to be in class, participating in class, and complete classwork and homework assignments on a regular basis. Being in class is an important part of the learning experience.
- In the event of an absence, students will need to check in with the teacher for the assignments missed. This can be done during Homeroom, Intervention, or Academic Success – not during class time. If the student knows ahead of time that he/she will be absent from class, please be sure to get the work ahead of time.
- Please use the restroom between classes. If it is necessary to use the restroom during class, the student will need to ask permission and have the teacher sign his/her planner.
You are required to keep a math binder in the form of a three-ring binder. The binder should contain only materials used for this class. The binder will be separated into five sections:
- class notes
- graded papers
There will be at least one binder quiz at the end of each nine weeks. An additional binder quiz may be given at midterm of each nine week grading period, but this is up to the discretion of the teacher. If you keep your binder organized these should be easy points!!
Each homework assignment is worth three points. Three points will be given for following:
- Heading each page correctly with your name, period, date, & assignment at the top.
- Making sure your work is done neatly in pencil.
- Attempting every problem and showing your work.
** (If you do not show your work or your work is done in pen, you will not receive any credit for the assignments.) **
The grade for this class is figured based on the student’s performance on tests, quizzes, assignments, and completion of homework. Tests will be announced a week ahead of time with a review day before each test. Quizzes will be given throughout each unit and will usually, but not always, be announced ahead of time.
Below 65% F
Success requires hard work. Do your best on assignments, stay positive and focused
on your goals. Participate and ask questions!!