JUMP ROPE for the HEART
THANK YOU for joining in the fight against heart disease and stroke. You are making a difference and are helping save lives in your own community and across the country.
Why is partnering with the American Heart Association so important?
- Heart disease is the nation’s No. 1 killer.
- Stroke is the third leading cause of death.
- Childhood obesity has reached epidemic proportions.
- If current lifestyle trends continue, 75 percent of Americans with be overweight or obese by 2015.
What does the American Heart Association do for kids’ health?
- About 36,000 children are born with a heart defect each year.
- Since 2003, we’ve committed more than $44.1 million to research relating to children’s health.
- We are working on several other fronts to prevent and treat these devastating events.
On March 6, 2014 Damascus Elementary raised $2,266.00 to support the American Heart Association efforts to create healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
THANK YOU all for your donations to a great cause.