Mrs. Bock’s Student Expectations
· Come to class on time, prepared and ready to work each day—textbook and course materials will be provided daily. You must bring a pencil/pen and paper.
· Make up all missed work within one day of the absence unless there are extenuating circumstances in which I will deviate from this. You are responsible for finding out what you miss when you are absent.
· Complete assignments/projects correctly and on time. Late assignments will not be accepted without prior approval.
· Use computers proper and ethically. Follow all computer rules. Violations will be dealt with appropriately.
· Use of cell phones is prohibited in class. If they are seen they will be taken!
· Have a good attitude. Don’t let a bad day make you a bad person to be around. Be polite and respect others.
· There is to be no food or drink in the classroom.
· Playing games on the computers is strictly prohibited.
· Students must stay in their seats until the bell rings.
· Cheating or plagiarism is prohibited.
· No swearing in class
UNACCEPTABLE USE (MINIMUM)
You are responsible for your actions and activities involving the network/computer. Some examples of unacceptable use are:
· Using the network for any illegal activity, including violation of copyright and/or other contracts and/or transmitting any material in violation of any United States and/or Ohio State regulation;
· Copying computer program(s) from the Computer System is prohibited;
· Downloading of software to local computers, external drives and/or network drives, (i.e., H: drive, Profile folder, Shared/Drop folder, etc.);
· Network drives should not contain any of the following, (this is not an exhaustive list): games, programs, (any executable files), internet browsers, MP3s, and/or pictures not related to courses being taken in the district;
· External drives should not contain games, internet browsers, executables and/or files that are in direct opposition to this policy;
· Wastefully using resources, including but not limited to file space and/or copiers/printers and/or creating unnecessary network traffic;
· Actions that give simulated sign off messages, public announcements, and/or other fraudulent system responses;
· Using the network for private financial and/or commercial gain;
· Using the network for commercial and/or private advertising;
· Invading the privacy of individuals;
· Gaining unauthorized access to resources and/or entities; or
· Using another user’s account and/or password; or Attempting to access and/or monitor another user’s account;
· Using the network while access privileges are suspended and/or revoked;
· Using the Computer System to gain and/or attempt to gain unauthorized access to remote computers;
· Obtaining passwords, gaining access to and/or copying other user’s electronic communications, and/or otherwise interfering with and/or destroying the work of other users;
· Attempts to read, delete, copy, and/or modify the electronic mail and/or documents of another user;
· Posting material authored and/or created by another without his/her consent;
· Posting anonymous messages;
· Accessing, submitting, posting, publishing, and/or displaying any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, ethnically offensive, harassing, and/or illegal material;
· Harassing others by sending annoying, abusive, profane, lewd, rude, threatening, disrespectful, defamatory, false, and/or offensive messages is prohibited. Some examples include: obscene, threatening, and/or repeated unnecessary messages; sexually, ethnically, racially, and/or religiously offensive messages; continuing to send messages after a request to stop; and/or procedures that hinder a computer session;
· Attempting to circumvent data protection schemes and/or uncover a security loophole is prohibited;
· Intentionally destroying equipment and/or anything stored on the computer System and/or deliberately performing any act that will seriously impact the operation of the Computer System is prohibited;
· Running and/or installing on the Computer System, and/or giving to another, a program that could result in the eventual damage to a file and/or the Computer System, and/or the reproduction of itself, is prohibited. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, the classes of programs known as computer viruses, Trojan Horses, and worms;
· Use of Copyrighted Materials; Copyrighted material shall be used in accordance with federal law, including the fair use doctrine
· Plagiarism of any type.
I understand and will abide by the provisions and conditions indicated on the above Policy. I will not use the District’s computer resources to commit any crime. I understand that any violations of the above terms and conditions may result in disciplinary action and the revocation of my use of information services.
Signature_________________________________________ Date ____________________________