Mr Mountz's Rules & Expectations for Studio Art Classes
Be on time, or get a pass.
Be Prepared- Lack of preperation is not an excuse for a free day.
NO TRACING of references(except text) or copying of other's original art works(plagerism).
Respect all others. No type of prejudice or disrespect of others' feelings will be tolerated!
Clipboard only for passes.
School policy for Cell Phone use. You can call from the office if necessary. You may use personal devices with ear-buds for music, but...If I See You Texting, the phone goes to Mr. Fairfield.
Clean up any mess you make & take care of the equipment.
· I have a daily grade worth 10 points. Everyone will start the day with 10. I will deduct some, if not all points for lack of effort, early cleanup, or work on other classwork.
· There will be quizzes on information given, so take notes.
· Project values vary by the complexity of the assignment and I view effort as one of the most important components.
· The mid-term and finals will be a combination of art creation and written responses
· COMPUTER USE. You must state your objective BEFORE getting online for references. This means you will have to think of a conceptahead of time. "I'm looking for ideas" doesn't get it. Random surfing will result in a loss of daily points. Blatently off-topic web use will result in a zero for the day. I have found this is necessary. Abuse of equipment or tampering with someone else's computer is also unacceptable.