KINDERGARTEN CLASSROOM RULES AND REINFORCEMENTS
R espectful Behave in a manner that is considerate of others.
R esponsible Demonstrate self-control and act safely.
R eady Be prepared, organized, and on task.
BEHAVIOR CALENDAR: A behavior calendar will come home EVERYDAY and will need to be returned EVERYDAY in your child’s folder. Your child will keep track of their behavior daily. If your child gets a stoplight warning, I will write a brief description of what happened on the back of the calendar.
Classroom Discipline Plan: The Stoplight
- VERBAL WARNING – Student is reminded of the correct behavior.
- GREEN LIGHT – Second warning. Student must put their name on the green light and will not get a stamp at the end of the day.
- YELLOW LIGHT – Third warning. Student must put their name on the yellow light and will miss half of recess time.
- RED LIGHT – Fourth warning. Student must put their name on the red light and will miss all of recess time. A write up of the student’s behavior will be sent to the principal and he/she will meet with the principal to discuss the behavior.
- If a problem persists, the student will meet with the principal and a phone call will be made or a note will be sent home.
- A student will have the opportunity to move their name back a step or off the light if they show correct behavior later in the day
Positive Reward Plan
Each child will receive a stamp or sticker on their “Great Job Chart” at the end of every day they did not put their name on the stoplight. Once the child has filled up the chart he/she will get to pick something from the Candy Jar and start a new chart. A child may be rewarded for other reasons as well, such as helping out a friend or doing a great job on an activity. Students may receive an extra stamp or a Warrior Head reward that will be placed on the schoolwide Warrior Wall of Fame for the week and earn a chance to win a prize for their excellent behavior! The “extra” stamps and Warrior Head rewards will be given at random.
At the end of the nine weeks, any child who has not been on the light at all during the nine weeks will get to choose something from the treasure box.