CHILDREN HELPING CHILDREN
~Penny Wars 2012~
November 27th – December 7th
As we approach the holiday season, we reflect upon the economic hardships which exist in our community. We will soon sponsor a coin collection in hopes to reach all our students here at Damascus Elementary who are in need this holiday season and throughout the year.
Students are encouraged to participate in competitive Penny Wars. Participating students will place pennies and bills in their homeroom bin. Students may choose to place silver coins in their neighboring opponent’s bin which will deduct from the opponent’s point value.
One of the greatest assets of the community of the West Branch School District is the cooperation and generosity throughout the year. We would like to express our gratitude for your donations. Thank you in advance for supporting our children in the West Branch community this holiday season.
How will gifts be dispersed?
- The first $500.00 dollars will be placed in a “shoe bank” to be used throughout the year for qualifying Damascus students. Money will be held in a P.I.E account.
- Eighty percent of the balance will be allocated to Toys R Us gift cards for Damascus Elementary qualifying students.
- The remaining twenty percent balances will benefit children throughout the year through the Weekend Meals program sponsored by Acts II.
How do I seek assistance?
- Those individuals seeking assistance must complete an Application for Assistance by November 30, 2012. Please contact Mrs. Wiant, Mrs. Wutrick, or Mr. Bowen.
- Application for Assistance forms are due no later than December 6, 2012
- All applications will be reviewed. Applicants may inquire concerning status after December 10, 2012.
- Approved families may pick-up gift cards confidentially in the Damascus office, between December 17 - December 19.